Comfispec Disposable Vaginal Speculum
Designed for the discerning medical professional, ComfiSpec® is a high-quality, reliable disposable vaginal speculum which offers great value for money and predictable performance.
Utilised in gynaecological procedures, such as cervical smear tests and IUCD fittings, the ComfiSpec® disposable speculum is the primary speculum for primary care.
Unlike reusable specula, the ComfiSpec® disposable speculum eliminates the need for the costly re-sterilisation process. Each individually packed ComfiSpec® specula features guaranteed sterility to prevent cross-infection during gynaecological procedures, avoiding potential litigation issues.
The superior wall thickness of the ComfiSpec® disposable vaginal speculum provides exceptional strength and reliability, ensuring safety for the patient and professional care from the clinician. Additionally, the ComfiSpec® is designed to fail safely outside the body at a pre-determined point in extreme situations.
The fast locking mechanism of the ComfiSpec® speculum guarantees to hold the ComfiSpec® firmly open throughout the examination or procedure leading to:
- Shorter procedure duration
- Improved patient experience
The gap between the beaks of the ComfiSpec® disposable vaginal speculum when closed or when closing has been designed to ensure:
Less likelihood of pinching skin when closing the device
Improved patient comfort
The ComfiSpec® features smooth, rounded, long and extremely comfortable handles with an ergonomically designed, trigger-like mechanism. The handles feature dimples and a frosted finish with a generous angle between the speculum and the patient’s body ensuring:
- Complete practitioner control
- Superb grip during examinations
- Greater patient comfort
- Maximum Visibility
The clear transparency of professional medical grade plastic featured in the ComfiSpec® disposable speculum enables maximum visibility for gynaecological procedures, such as cervical smear tests and IUCD fittings.
Range of Sizes
ComfiSpec® is available in a variety of sizes to suit your wide range of patients, including Virgin, Small, Medium, Medium-Long and Broad.
- Optimum 38 degree opening angle provides best access for gynaecology procedures
- Textured and frosted handle provides superior grip and control
- Predictable fail safe feature is outside the patient
- Reduced danger of skin trapping
- Fast acting locking mechanism for reduced procedure durations and less patient trauma
- Silent operation
- Professional medical grade plastic
- Latex-free: Yes
- Sterile: Yes
- Individually wrapped: Yes
- Colour coded packaging: No
- Opening angle: 38°
- Lock type: Thread and nut
- Speculum lock: With