Covid-19 Antibody Rapid Test Kit x 40
The SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Antibody Test is intended for use as an aid in identifying individuals with an adaptive immune response to SARS CoV 2, indicating prior infection of the virus that causes COVID-19.
The SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Antibody Test is a lateral flow rapid chromatographic immunoassay intended for qualitative detection of IgM and IgG antibodies to SARS-CoV-2 in human serum, plasma or whole blood. Similar to several routinely used laboratory assays, this test detects antibodies that an individual has produced in response to exposure to the virus by providing a qualitative result for the presence of IgG and /or IgM antibodies.
The test can be performed on a small volume (20ul) of capillary blood from the fingertip or on a venous blood sample. This is equivalent to about one or two drops of blood. The test can also be performed on plasma or serum (see the package insert for more details). The testing procedure should be performed by healthcare professionals, only.
- Convenient for patients - quick testing and immediate answers for patients in all care settings
- Efficient patient management - potentially less time and effort for healthcare professionals
- A more comfortable way to test - some individuals prefer capillary sampling over venous sampling
- To detect individuals that have previously been infected SARS-CoV-2. This may provide some peace-of-mind however it is important to remember that it is not yet known whether the presence of these antibodies provides immunity to re-infection.
- To understand the spread of the virus within a given geography, workplace, or organisation.
- Three simple steps, and the result will be ready
- Results within 10 - 15 Mins
- Quick and Easy to read result
- Result shows the presence of IgG and /or IgM antibodies
- Excellent performance, sensitivity 99.03% and specificity 98.65% ***
*** taken from Instructions For Use (IFU) version 1.0
Please Note: lancets are not included with the Kit.