This statement was last updated on 21/06/2013.
What information do we collect and how do we use it?
The types of information and uses are explained below.
When you register with our site, we may ask whether you would like to be added to our mailing list or to receive future updates from us, so that we can tell you about our services. If you are a registered user, we may use information we collect to offer personalised information when you use the website, notify you of changes to our service, ask your opinions and to help us improve our service to you.
1. Information that you provide to us:
In operating our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you register for information or make a purchase.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
2. Website usage information
We receive and store certain information whenever you interact with us. We collect website usage information from a number of sources:
- Our web server.
- URLs passed to us when you enter our site.
- Some information entered by you on forms on the website.
- Internet service providers.
- Search engine companies.
- IP addresses & Cookies
We collect web usage information during your visits to our site including information on the date, time; page viewed or searched for, catalogues ordered, services used, referrals made and other information relating to your browsing activity on our website. Where you are a registered user of our website and have logged in, we may collect web usage information to enable us to build a demographic profile. We may also use web usage information to create statistical data regarding the use of our website. We may then use or disclose that statistical data to others for marketing and strategic development purposes, but no individuals will be identified in such statistical data.
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our products or services. To provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about changes to our website that may affect our service. If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. If you are a new customer, we will only contact you when you have provided consent and only by those means you provided consent for.
3. IP Addresses
We use IP addresses to analyse trends, track users' movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Please see the separate link for current information regarding how we handle cookies.
5. Disclosing your information:
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
1. Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party.
2. Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
3. To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
6. Linking to other websites:
This website may contain links to other third party websites. Anonymous visit or session information may be passed to other websites for the web usage information purposes described above. None of this information can be related to an individual user of the website. The operators of other sites may collect information from you which will be used by them in accordance with their own data protection policy.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. We use leading technologies and security measures to safeguard your information and keep strict security standards to prevent any unauthorised access to it. Where we have given you a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. While every reasonable precaution is taken by ourselves to protect your data, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
8. Changes to this policy:
We do update this Policy from time to time so please do review it regularly.
9. Your rights:
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access the information that we hold about you. Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you please contact us using the contact details below:Patrick South Surgery Express LLP Broombank Road Sheepbridge Chesterfield S41 9QJ