Micro Medical PulmoLife COPD Screening Device
PulmoLife is a new COPD screening device, designed for quick and easy
screening of adult smokers for early detection of COPD. Smokers are at the
greatest risk of developing COPD and decline in lung function in susceptible
smokers has been shown to be twice that of non-smokers. This small, innovative
device measures Forced Expiratory Volume (FEV1), the measurement of choice in
The unit will display a patient's result together with the FEV1 as a
percentage of their predicted value. These results are used to calculate a 'Lung
Age'. The associated 'Lung Age' graphical display may help the patient realise
the physical damage caused by smoking, encouraging attendance for smoking
cessation advice and full spirometry assessment, leading to early diagnosis and
appropriate management of COPD.
Features and Benefits
- Measures FEV1 within the first second of expiration.
- Gives FEV1 as a percentage of predicted values (FEV1%) indicating the
likelihood and severity of COPD .
- 'Lung Age' Interpretation (Morris and Temple) demonstrates to smokers the
damage caused by smoking in a way they can understand.
- Useful as a motivational tool for smoking cessation.
- Suitable for: FEV1 testing programs.
- Identification of early signs of COPD in smokers over 40 or anyone with
- Helping susceptible smokers to quit.