Dukoral 5.6g and 3ml Granules and Vial POM x2
Pharmaceutical form - Suspension and effervescent granules for oral suspension.
The suspension, supplied in a bottle is whitish. The effervescent granules, supplied in a sachet, are white.
• Dukoral is indicated for active immunisation against disease caused by Vibrio cholerae serogroup O1 in adults and children from 2 years of age who will be visiting endemic/epidemic areas.
• The use of Dukoral should be determined on the basis of official recommendations taking into consideration the variability of epidemiology and the risk of contracting disease in different geographical areas and travelling conditions.
• Dukoral should not replace standard protective measures. In the event of diarrhoea measures of rehydration should be instituted.
Nature and contents of container
• The vaccine suspension is filled in a volume of 3 ml in bottles (type I glass) with a rubber stopper (bromobutyl rubber) and a screw cap.
• The effervescent granules are filled in an amount of 5.6 g in sachets with an inner layer of polyester/LD-polyethylene and an outer layer of aluminium/LD-polyethylene.
• Each dose of vaccine is supplied with one sachet of effervescent granules.
• Pack sizes: 1x1 dose, 2x1 dose, 20x1 dose
Special precautions for storage
• Store in a refrigerator (2°C – 8°C).
• Do not freeze.
• Product in the unopened bottle and sachet, stored in the outer carton, is stable at temperatures up to 25°C for a period of 14 days. At the end of this period the product should be used or discarded.
• After the effervescent granules have been dissolved in water and the vaccine suspension has been added, the mixture should be drunk within 2 hours.
Note: As this item requires to be stored between 2 and 8°C, it is considered cold chain supply and so will not be shipped to customers on a Friday.