Prevenar 13 suspension for injection x1
Suspension for injection - the vaccine is a homogeneous white suspension.
• Active immunisation for the prevention of invasive disease, pneumonia and acute otitis media caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae in infants, children and adolescents from 6 weeks to 17 years of age.
• Active immunisation for the prevention of invasive disease and pneumonia caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae in adults ?18 years of age and the elderly.
• The use of Prevenar 13 should be determined on the basis of official recommendations taking into consideration the risk of invasive disease and pneumonia in different age groups, underlying comorbidities as well as the variability of serotype epidemiology in different geographical areas.
Nature and contents of container:
• 0.5 ml suspension for injection in pre-filled syringe (Type I glass) with a plunger stopper (latex-free chlorobutyl rubber) and protective-tip cap (latex-free isoprene bromobutyl rubber).
• Pack sizes of 1, 10 and 50, with or without needle.
Special precautions for storage
• Store in a refrigerator (2°C–8°C).
• Do not freeze.
• Prevenar 13 is stable at temperatures up to 25°C for four days. At the end of this period Prevenar 13 should be used or discarded. These data are intended to guide health care professionals in case of temporary temperature excursions.
Note: As this item requires to be stored between 2 and 8°C, it is considered cold chain supply and so will not be shipped to customers on a Friday.